In 2021 Rugby Canada introduced a new membership category, which offers an opportunity for a Rugby Club to offer a non-contact program of rugby for up to 12 weeks.
Please click here to access a club setup guide for the 12-week program.
Examples of how this membership might be of use are:
- Starting a minor rugby program
- Introducing non-contact rugby program
- Setting up a satellite club at another venue
- Offering indoor rugby programs
- Participants registered in a 12 week program may not participate in interclub activity including, but not limited to, festivals, exhibition matches and regular season games, the 12 week membership is tied to a single location.
- Once the 12 week membership has expired, to continue to play rugby, participants may register in a new 12 week program or register as a full member at their club.
- Fully registered members may participate in a 12 week program that is offered at the club they are currently registered in.
- Should a registered member of one club wish to participate in a 12 week program at another club, they must register for the 12 week program at the new club.