INJURY REPORTING AND INSURANCE CLAIMS SUBMISSION
Provincial Union / Rugby Canada Extended Medical Coverage Injury Reporting And Claims Process
To start the process for an insurance claim after sustaining an injury:
- Immediately complete an injury and witness report within 24 hours of the incident occurring
- Injury report to be completed by athlete (if possible) or coach
- Witness report to be completed by medical staff, coach, manager, match
- official or volunteer present
- Notify CHUBB Insurance, provincial union and Rugby Canada within 72 hours of the incident
- Scan and Email reports to Claims.A_H@chubb.com, provincial union contact, and email@example.com
- Should you have issues please call toll free 1-877-772-7797 (CHUBB Insurance)
- Athlete must acquire a physician referral for treatment before an insurance claim can be reimbursed for any treatment / medical expense
- Athlete acquires physician referral for treatment
- Referrals, invoices and receipts must be scanned and email to Claims.A_H@chubb.com, provincial union contact and firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Rugby Injury & Claim – ________________ (Athlete’s first and last name)
- CHUBB Insurance Representative will process claim and notify athlete / parent of reimbursement
TRAVEL MEDICAL PROCEDURE
Travel Medical Process (tours)
Registered Participants of Member Organizations have extensive travel coverage under the Rugby Canada Insurance Program. This coverage will apply while on sanctioned and approved tours for member organizations and has a limit of $1,000,000 (one million dollars) of coverages per person per trip per policy year.
Chubb Insurance works with a Medical Assistance Service provider call, EuropAssist. By utilizing the Travel Medical Assistance Company, EuropAssist, members will be able to complete the following process if injury or sickness occurs:
- Call 911 or country emergency phone number for ambulance (if necessary)
- Refer to EuropAssist Member Card with dedicated phone and member number, call and begin process (distributed at point of Tour Approval)
- EuropAssist will direct you to closest hospital (if necessary)
- Coach, Manager, Parent, Volunteer or individual themselves must ask for GOP (Guarantee of Payment) from EA for all possible medical expenses or treatments or tests that may take place at the hospital or medical clinic.
- Hospital or medical clinic will work with EA to arrange and receive payment.
- Patient will receive treatment.
- Complete necessary paper work (injury and witness reports and submit to Provincial Union for forwarding to Rugby Canada and ACE / Chubb Insurance)